|A Premier San Diego Real Estate & Mortgage Company
|Prestige Properties & Finance
|Prestige Properties & Finance, a Real Estate & Mortgage Broker
2658 Del Mar Heights Road, Suite 207, Del Mar, CA 92014
Ph. 858-484-3446 / 619-568-3800 / 760-690-4400 :: Fax 858-484-3577
Licensed by the California Dept. of Real Estate. License #01153458
An equal opportunity Real Estate & Finance Company. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
The Art of an Open House
Your Prestige Property’s Agent will hold Open Houses, typical on the weekend and normally for up to 5
hours on the day most convenient for the seller. This is an excellent way to expose your home to the
largest number of buyers, and getting those buyers inside to preview.
Fast Fact: The successful Real Estate agents report that at least 20% of their sales, or one in five
homes, sell through an open house.
Why some agents don't hold open houses? Unlike other larger brokers, our agents are selective in
choosing listings and never take on more than they can properly and effectively manage to insure the
time available to accommodate holding open houses. Larger brokerages and overwhelmed agents will
experience the following:
• Too many listings. Agents can't be in two places at the same time.
• Too much inventory to pull in buyers driving through the area.
• Agent apathy.
Prestige Properties Philosophy; Hosting a Successful Open House
The home must be presentable, spotless from top to bottom, priced correctly and located in a high traffic
area, here are tips to improve the odds your house will sell at an open house:
• Advertising in the MLS and online and /or newspapers. Colorful, descriptive ads placed in web
classifieds and open house directories..
• Open House Signs.
• Attaching balloons to each open house sign.
• Find the busiest intersection closest to your home and put an open house sign at that corner.
• Arrows point buyers in the right direction.
• Place a sign every few blocks to make it easy for the buyer to find your house.
• Remove all vehicles from the driveway.
• Open all the drapes, blinds and window coverings –– let in that light!
• Do not put spices on the stove to simmer without offering cookies, and do not, under any
circumstances, use an air freshener because many people are allergic to synthetic odors.
• Turn on every light in the house, except lights that produce noise such as exhaust fans without
separate on / off switches.
• Turn on soft music on each floor to help set a mood.
• Have available flyers filled with quality photos and reasons for a buyer to purchase your home.
• Serve refreshments and snacks
• Set out all documents pertaining to the house:
1. Inspection reports
2. Appraisal or comps
3. Major repairs & warranties
4. Blueprints for additions or future possible improvements
A good Open House can make all the difference when buyers have multiple options to choose from.